When asked to share their favorite oldie but goodies for V-DAY, I got a variety of ballets and slow jamz that had me at like “yasssss,” while nodding my head back and forth, to even confused and with a stuck face, thinking whatttt?!
You see, my intention was to create a b a b y making, l o v e r s’ lane playlist. (Ya know, the kind of songs that’ll set the mood right during a candle light dinner while gazing into my Valentine’s eyes or better yet while….never mind 😊 ). Instead, some of their song selections depicted the souls of the lonely or even the heartbroken, which ultimately changed my entire purpose. The playlist wasn’t no longer for sharing how I’ll spend my day, rather a reminder of who we use to be and the tough pain we’ve overcome.
This playlist defines the truth of love, not the fairytale, the REAL-the good, the desires, the shaky, and the very bad times in our relationships.
So regardless if you’ll be with bae or have adopted your BFF as a substitute for the day, everyone can relate wholeheartdely to the message in these songs.
Hugs & Kisses to this soulful playlist:
1. Tonight is the Night by Betty Wright
2. If Only for One Night by Luther Vandross
3. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long by Otis Wedding
4. Cupid by 112
5. Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight and The Pips
6. Neither One Of Us by Gladys Knight and The Pips
7. House is Not a Home by Luther Vandross
8. Lovin’ You by Minnie Riperton
9. Reason by Earth, Wind and Fire
10. I Love You by Lenny Williams
11. You’re All I Need To Get By by Marvin Gaye and Tammie Terrell
12. Superstar by Luther Vandross
13. Lady by The Whispers
I’m sure we’ve missed so many others; but that’s all we have for now.
Leave a comment to share your top 3 oldie but goodies. And remember, Self Love is the Best Love.