Old age made me adopt older drinking behavior. I heart wine.
I would much rather enjoy a chill sweet glass of wine, preferably red, over liquor any day.
Before bed, I sometimes have a glass of wine….After a long stressful day, I NEED a glass of wine….Girls Night Out, I love a glass of wine.
If you haven’t gotten the picture by now, I am a Wine-O.
Don’t get me wrong; I had my share of getting wasted off of liquor, but not so much now.
Occasionally, you may catch me drinking some tequila. It matches my feisty/sassy personality perfectly and it goes down nice and smooth. I love it. I like to have a shot or two or three—OK, maybe four and just have a great time with my family and friends.
But I’ve discovered over the years, that liquor is just so harsh on my body.
In my opinion, it only does a great job at …
a) Adding pounds to the scale and inches to my waist.
b) It is the fastest way to make me look like an old hag–old and washed.
c) It takes me a full day (sunrise to sunset) to completely bounce back from a hangover.
NO THANK YOU!
So it wasn’t a surprise when I accepted the invitation to attend a Caribbean Wine Festival at Linganore Winercellars with my girls and the Mr.
It was literally a long day of drinking the best Maryland wine and a fun time grinding and winding our hips to the sounds of Caribbean music.
We munched on Mediterranean Cheddar Cheese and crackers while updating each other about our lives.
The best part of the day was the Malibu liquor infused cupcake from Butter Scotch Cupcake Shop. It was very moist and had a balanced burst of liquor.
To be honest, I could have stayed at the wine festival all night, just sipping, shopping, and being careless in the countryside of Mt. Airy, MD.
I told myself that I had to add vineyard dates and wine festivals to my list of activities for this summer. It’s a promised great time.
As long as I remember these essential items:
1. Bug spray–or prepare to be dinner for some thirsty mosquito family.
2. Sun block–to keep my skin protected.
3. Arrive early—in order to get a good spot in the shade.
4. Chair with a glass holder—I was tired of holding my glass.
5. Wet wipes—for anything.
6. Wash cloth—just incase I overheat and need to wipe my forehead or neck.
7. Salami—perfect combo with my cheese, crackers, and wine.
8. Water—to stay hydrated.
9. Picnic food in a cute basket—I need options. Plus, I’ll save money.
10. Plastic Utensils—a must.
11. Paper Plates—a must.
12. Napkins—a must.
13. Camera— to capture my best moments.
14. Loose Clothing—I need to be comfortable so I can chill.
15. Positive Energy— because there’s NO Internet service in the woods.
Last but certainly not least…
16. Just enjoy the love, peace, and wine with my family and friends.